Starting to write our story, introducing Avalanche Beta, converting photo libraries and more….
The Avalanche Beta
- The 1st Avalanche Beta is out now for you to try. When launching the app, you will be presented with detailed Release Notes.
What is missing from the beta
- While the current beta can read Lightroom catalogs, there is no real export route YET from Lightroom…but this will change in the near future. The current beta is mainly targeted at migrating from Aperture to Lightroom.
- Migration of faces information
- Handling of Aperture’s custom WhiteBalance (Skin, Gray)
- Migration of some toning settings
- Support for MacOS < 10.14 is missing (see below)
System Requirements - Please Read
- Avalanche Beta 1 requires MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) or later to run. It runs fine on Catalyna Beta (10.15) but does not run on High Sierra yet. We will make it work on HighSierra (10.13) in Beta 2 shortly. 8Gb of memory are recommended.
We intend to release regular betas until the final release (early September).
We expect to deliver the following features :
- support for HighSierra
- support for monochrome images
- support for faces
- better conversion of adjustments such as sharpening, noise reduction, etc….
How you can help ?
By testing Avalanche against your Aperture libraries and exporting them. You can start by working with smaller libraries to minimize waiting time and move to larger libraries.
We are interested to hear about things that go wrong : crashes (it should never happen), conversion that do not produce the expected results….
Please use it to send us feedback and bug reports directly from the app or by clicking on this button :