May 20, 2020 – Montpellier, France.
CYME today announces the release and immediate availability of two new versions of Avalanche, the smart photo migration software for macOS with Machine Learning capabilities.
First, Avalanche for Luminar brings the powerful features of Avalanche to those users who want to migrate their Aperture or Lightroom catalogs to Skylum’s award winning photo editing app: Luminar 4. Luminar does not feature any import capabilities by default, making Avalanche for Luminar the natural solution for those looking to adopt Luminar’s cataloging features. Avalanche for Luminar features the same ease of use and migration capabilities Avalanche is renowned for.
Second, Avalanche Unlimited is the ultimate migration tool. It features all input and output sources currently supported by CYME and will be updated regularly. Avalanche Unlimited lets you currently migrate to Lightroom or to Luminar, but CYME has already announced that Capture One support is on the way and will be added later this year.
All variants of Avalanche are designed to convert catalogs of photographs from one source application to another while keeping the organizational structures as intact as possible, guaranteeing full migration of all annotations, tags, keywords… and ensuring migrated images take into account the adjustments that were done in the source catalog. Avalanche uses advanced Machine Learning to find the settings that best replicate the original look of the image.
“Avalanche for Luminar is the missing solution that was anxiously awaited by Luminar users. We are delighted to add Luminar as a supported destination for your catalogs and will ensure we do the best metadata and adjustments conversion possible, as Luminar’s features evolve.
On the other hand, Avalanche Unlimited fully delivers on the promise to move all our images with metadata, organization structure and adjustments between a growing list of editing application. It is the best version of Avalanche giving its users a much wanted freedom of choice.” Matthieu Kopp, CYME co-founder and CTO.
Avalanche Unlimited, with its support for reading from a variety of different catalog types, and its deep understanding of the data inside those catalogs, lays the groundwork for the future main product of CYME.
“We are focused on the organization and navigation in large quantities of images, while leveraging the powerful editing features of those great apps we integrate with. We want to build a totally new experience around our photos. Avalanche is only the beginning.” Claudia Zimmer, CYME’s CEO
- All intuitive and modern interface to access all the catalogs.
- Analyze the content of the catalogs prior to conversion (masters, versions,…)
- Keep track of the converted catalogs, their locations, their source.
- Launch the source or destination app from within Avalanche.
- Full support for migrating masters, versions, both for pictures and videos.
- All annotations (all IPTC fields), keywords, face detections are fully migrated (subject to the limitations of the destination format)
- All collections, albums, sets, stacks, projects are fully migrated. Avalanche will try to replicate the organization features present in the source catalog.
- Full support for images on offline volumes.
- Migration enhanced by Machine Learning:
- All standard edits (white balance, light, color) are migrated using ML in such a way that the image will look the same in the destination catalog.
- Black and White conversion is fully supported using ML for a higher fidelity.
- Safety and security : Avalanche will never modify your source catalog + all the catalog and image processing is run locally.
Avalanche for Luminar and Avalanche Unlimited require macOS 10.14 or later and run fine on Catalina.
Avalanche is compatible with Aperture catalogs from version 3.6, Lightroom catalogs from version 7, and Luminar catalogs from version 4.2. You need around 145 MB of free space, 4Gb of memory (8Gb recommended) and enough space to accommodate the converted libraries.
A working copy of Apple Aperture or Lightroom is not required to migrate libraries as Avalanche opens those libraries natively.
Price and availability
Avalanche for Luminar is $59 USD and is available exclusively through the developer store. Avalanche Unlimited is $119 USD and is available through the developer store. Review codes are available to qualified journalists upon request.
Cyme was founded in summer 2019 by Matthieu Kopp, Thomas Ribreau, and Claudia Zimmer who have worked together on their previous award winning adventure (Aquafadas acquired by Rakuten) and decided to explore together the creation of powerful software solutions for photographers.They are passionate about photography, well-designed software and flawless user experiences. They like cool gear, have a vision for a better digital life …and ❤︎ the Mac.