April 28, 2021 – Montpellier, France.
- Intuitive user interface to access all the catalogs present on connected volumes.
- Ability to analyze the content of the catalogs prior to conversion (masters, versions…)
- Ability to keep track of converted catalogs, their locations and their source. Source and destination apps can be launched from within Avalanche.
- Full support for migrating masters and versions, both for pictures and videos.
- Full support for managed and referenced photos, with many ways to configure the folder hierarchy and copy options.
- Full migration of all annotations (all IPTC fields), keywords, tags and face detections.
- Specific options to migrate the geo-location of images (if they have been edited in the source catalog).
- Full migration of all collections, albums, sets and projects. Avalanche will try to replicate the organization features present in the source catalog.
- Detection of images on offline volumes.
- Migration enhanced by Machine Learning trained on thousands of images. All standard edits (white balance, light, color) are migrated using ML in such a way that the image will look the same in the destination catalog.
- Full support of Black and White conversion using ML for highest fidelity.
- Migration of some more complex edits: Curves, Levels, Vignetting, Sharpening…
- Support for migrating previews in addition to masters and versions.
- Self-assessment of the quality of conversion. Avalanche creates 3 dedicated Collections where it puts the migrated images based on conversion fidelity, to make it easy to identify the pictures that probably need to be reviewed.
- Safety and security : Avalanche will never modify your source catalog; and, all the catalog and image processing is run locally.
Avalanche for Capture One and Avalanche Unlimited require MacOS 10.14 or higher and are fully compatible with MacOS Big Sur. They run natively on the new Mac M1.
Avalanche is compatible with Aperture catalogs starting with version 3.6, Lightroom catalogs starting with version 5, Capture ne from 20 and Luminar catalogs starting with version 4.2.
Approximately 145 MB of free space are required, 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended) and enough space to accommodate converted libraries. A working version of Apple Aperture or Lightroom is not required to migrate the libraries, because Avalanche opens these libraries in native mode.
Pricing and Availability
Avalanche for Capture One is priced at $59 USD and is available exclusively through the developer store. Avalanche Unlimited is $119 USD and is available through both the Apple Store and the developer store.Review codes are available to qualified journalists upon request.
CYME was founded in summer 2019 by Matthieu Kopp, Thomas Ribreau, and Claudia Zimmer. After working together on a previous adventure (Aquafadas Rakuten DX), the three co-founders decided to embark on yet another adventure to explore the creation of powerful software solutions for photographers.
They are passionate about photography, well-designed software and flawless user experiences. They like cool gear, have a vision for a better digital life …and ❤︎ the Mac.