New in this version
This is an Avalanche update with a major new feature: the ability to migrate previews of your edited files.
- [NEW] : add the option to migrate previews of the edited files if available. Various new options let you control exactly under which circumstances these previews are migrated, and what is the minimum quality of previews that should be considered.
- [NEW] : added a new option to add referenced folders in Luminar.
- [NEW] : filter out PDF files that could exist in Aperture.
- [IMPROVED] : added more security when dealing with corrupt EXIF values in Aperture.
- [FIXED] : some detected faces could have a 0 pixel rectangle in some circumstances
- [FIXED] : fixed a bad catalog formatting when choosing to merge the image and video hierarchies. As a result of this bug, some exported catalog could fail to be merged in a master catalog because of an error.
- [FIXED] : improved how we deal with images that had their capture date modified in Aperture.
Changes in v1.0.1
- [NEW] : a new icon has been added to identify catalogs synchronized in the cloud and a dedicated alert is shown before migration to prompt a verification for the local availability of all images.
- [NEW] : it is now possible to run a conversion to Luminar even if some volumes are offline. The number of offline masters is displayed next to each offline volume to allow the user to make a decision (cancel or proceed). Masters on offline volumes are ignored.
- [IMPROVED] : Lightroom catalog that are synchonized with mobile or with Lightroom CC (Cloud) are now fully taken into account. In previous releases, all images that were synchronized from the cloud would be ignored.
- [FIXED] : some complex Lightroom adjustments could fail to be decoded properly.
- [FIXED] : the GPS latitude was not properly inserted in Lightroom.
- [FIXED] : fixed a serious problem where some images or video would be migrated but would fail to appear in the target library.
- [FIXED] : fixed a memory consumption problem when migrating from Lightroom, that would cause the memory consumed by Avalanche to grow beyond reasonable levels.
- [FIXED] : it is now possible to cancel a migration from Lightroom.
- [IMPROVED] : migration performance is much better in some situations.
- [IMPROVED] : error reporting and display has been improved in the final screen and in the CSV file.
- [FIXED] : many UI fixes, small performance and usability bug fixes.
he following features are not yet implemented or not yet fully functional : – MacOS 10.14 Mojave is required – Aperture’s dedicated Skin Tones and NaturalGray white balance settings are not yet handled – the following Aperture effects are not yet supported: Sepia Toning, Monochrome effects, Levels,… – the following adjustments are not converted at all (default values apply) : Noise Reduction, Sharpening
What to expect in the next updates ?
- Improvements to the Machine Learning data to improve migration of all adjustments.
- Support for Vignetting, Sharpening, etc…
- Support for Apple Photos as a source.
Please contact us via our feedback form inside the app if you have specific requirements.